Ventura Personal Injury Attorneys
When you have been injured in an accident, you’ll need to seek the advice of an experienced Ventura personal injury attorney.
Personal injury law is a broad area of the law that allows injury victims to seek compensation for injuries sustained in many different kinds of incidents, such as automobile accidents, worksite injuries, and slip and fall accidents. With its moderate temperatures, sunny days, and Pacific breezes, Ventura is a popular place to live in Southern California. However, accidents and injuries can occur without warning and can have life-altering consequences.
Ventura is a great place to enjoy outdoor activities like surfing, hiking, and bicycling. As residents will tell you, the city has some of the most popular beach spots in Southern California. And its downtown offers numerous cultural activities. Yet a pleasant trip to the beach or a Friday night at an art gallery can quickly end with a dangerous accident. In 2012, the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) reported more than 50 fatalities from slip and fall accidents, and nearly 20 fatalities from motor vehicle collisions. In many cases, another person’s negligence caused the accident. By speaking to a personal injury lawyer at The Reeves Law Group, you can learn more about filing a claim for financial compensation.
Accidents and Injuries in Ventura
Accidents and injuries can happen anywhere in Ventura and are often unexpected. At the Reeves Law Group, we handle many different types of personal injury claims. Some of the accident claims we handle are:
- Car Accidents: The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reported a total of 2,857 motor vehicle-related fatalities in California in 2012. That figure has steadily increased since 2010. In 2011, the California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported nearly 400 injuries, and nearly 10 fatalities, in Ventura alone.
- Truck Accidents: Commercial trucks frequent U.S. Highway 101 in Southern California. When they’re involved in accidents, victims can sustain severe and life-threatening injuries. The NHTSA predicts between 6-15 truck accident fatalities in Ventura County each year.
- Motorcycle Accidents: In 2012, the CHP reported 169 motorcycle-related injuries in Ventura County, and 11 fatalities. There were a total of 435 motorcycle fatalities reported in California in 2012.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Slip and fall accidents can be extremely dangerous, and they can happen nearly anywhere. In Ventura, the CDPH reported more than 16,000 slip and fall injuries that required emergency room visits in 2012, including more than 50 fatalities.
- Work Injury: In 2012, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported a total of 12 work-related fatalities in the Ventura area. Work injuries can occur at hazardous places of employment, such as construction or agricultural sites, but they can also happen to employees who have desk jobs.
- Dog Bites: While many California residents own dogs, it’s difficult to predict whether a dog is likely to attack. According to DogsBite.org, more than 30 dog bite fatalities occurred in the U.S. last year, and nearly 80 percent of these attacks were attributed to pit bulls.
Contact a Ventura Personal Injury Attorney
If you have been injured in an accident in, it may be very important to have legal counsel. At The Reeves Law Group, we understand the importance of obtaining financial compensation in personal injury cases. A dedicated personal injury attorney at our firm can talk with you today about your case.
Call (800) 644-8000 or email us at [email protected] for a free and immediate case evaluation. For your convenience, we make home and hospital visits.