Orange County Personal Injury Attorney
If you are injured in any kind of accident, it is important that you contact an experienced Orange County personal injury attorney as soon as possible.
When you are injured in an accident, the law allows you to recover money to compensate you for many kinds of losses from the people who are fully or partially responsible.
- If you have any questions or desire a case review, please contact us: The Reeves Law Group 200 W Santa Ana Blvd #630 Santa Ana CA, 92701 (714) 550-6000
Awarded as Newsweek’s Top 10 Trial Lawyers in the Country, The Reeves Law Group has successfully represented thousands of injured clients throughout Orange County, CA for the last 30 years.
The Reeves Law Group specializes in serious accident and personal injury cases, including car accidents, truck accidents, slip and fall accidents, brain and spinal cord injuries and wrongful death. If you or a loved one have been seriously injured in an accident, call The Reeves Law Group for an immediate consultation.
Due to the size of our firm, we can assign multiple attorneys to any cases. Our personal injury attorneys are supported by a large staff, including legal assistants, administrators, investigators, and retained experts. We believe that having trained personnel in sufficient numbers results in better representation and greater outcomes for our clients.
Read what clients have to say about Orange County CA Personal Injury Law Firm
I was in an auto accident with my husband in 2012 on the 22 w/b in Orange, CA. I was fortunate enough to contact the Reeves Law Group by a Google search. We were one hundred percent taken care of by this law firm. As it happens, I was involved in another accident last week, and guess who I called a second time? The Reeves Law Group. I know this Santa Ana firm will do another great job on my case. Their investigators always get to the bottom of the facts. I also found doctors in Irvine to treat with that were super helpful with my pain.
Reviewer: Norma V.
out of 5 stars
A Video Testimonial of The Reeves Law Group, Orange County Personal Injury Attorneys
If you have been seriously injured in a car crash, you need to contact an Orange County car accident attorney you can trust. For over 30 years, The Reeves Law Group has specialized in serious injury and car accident cases throughout Orange County, including wrongful death and semi-truck accidents. Call us today for an immediate consultation.
What is Personal Injury Law?
Personal injury law aims to hold people and companies accountable for injuries they cause to someone’s person, property, rights, or reputation. This area of law helps make sure that the injured victim’s do not bear the burden of their injuries when an accident was someone else’s fault.
If you have suffered a car crash, slip and fall, or other mishap that was not your fault, or not entirely your fault, you should not bear the full financial burden of your injuries. At The Reeves Law Group, our personal injury lawyers have helped accident victims receive compensation for:
- Medical bills, past, present and future
- Physical injury
- Lost earnings
- Impairment of future earnings
- Property damage
- Lifestyle changes
- Loss of support of loved ones
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society and companionship
- Other types of loss
Common Types of Personal Injury Cases in Orange County
Personal injury law covers many different incidents. The following are just some examples of cases that fall under this umbrella:
- Auto Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Brain Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Wrongful Death
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in an accident, contact an Orange County personal injury lawyer at The Reeves Law Group today.
Do I Need to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer?
An average of 18,000 people in Orange County were injured or killed in auto accidents each year from 2008-2013. Many of these are caused by reckless, intoxicated, and otherwise negligent driving. If you or a loved one have been in an accident, contact an experienced car accident attorney in Orange County at The Reeves Law Group.
I Was Just Injured in an Accident. What do I Do?
Getting injured can be a surreal experience. Here is a concrete list of things to do directly after you are injured.
- Seek medical attention immediately: Your health is of utmost importance. Make sure photographs are taken of your injuries right after they occur. Continue to photograph them as time progresses. Keep all medical records.
- Keep all the evidence from the scene of your injury: This includes the name and contact information of witnesses, license plate numbers, pictures of the scene, the faulty product, etc.
- Contact an experienced attorney as soon as possible: Your personal injury lawyer will be able to give you complete instructions on what to do after your accident.
- Do not talk to an insurance company without an attorney: Insurance companies want to get out of these situations by paying you as little as possible. Your personal injury lawyer will ensure that you get everything you are owed.
How Do I Prove My Case?
To show that you deserve compensation, you must prove that the party you are suing is liable for your injuries and that your injuries caused you some kind of loss. These losses are known as damages.
There are three main categories of “liability” in California:
- Intentional wrongs: For example, arson, assault, and murder are intentional wrongs. Often, intentional wrongs have both criminal and civil actions. If you want compensation from someone who assaulted you, you will have to bring a civil action against that person.
- Negligence: In plain English, negligence means “carelessness.” In legalese, negligence is a breach of the duty of reasonable care to someone else. For example, you owe a duty to others to drive safely. If you do not use your turning signals before you merge and hit a car, injuring an occupant, you could be legally negligent.
- Strict liability: In some cases, a person is liable for an injury even if they were not negligent or did not intentionally harm the victim. For example, in California, the owner of a dog that bites someone is strictly liable for the injury that comes from that bite—even if the owner had no reason to believe the dog would ever bite someone. Strict liability also covers defective products and abnormally dangerous activities.
What Happens After I Am in an Accident?
When you are in an accident, even if it is minor, the results can significantly impact your life. In addition to physical injuries, there are also administrative complications. Examples of these kinds of complications include:
- Filing paperwork
- Keeping track of doctor’s reports
- Paying medical bills
- Repairing property damage
- Missing work
Contact an Orange County Personal Injury Lawyer
If you were hurt in any of the ways you read here, or even if your injury was not mentioned, make sure you contact an experienced Orange County personal injury lawyer as soon as you possibly can. The Reeves Law Group can ensure that you are fully compensated for your injuries.
Contact us today for a free consultation by calling (714) 550-6000 or email us at Contact@RobertReevesLaw.com. We make home and hospital visits!