About Derek Pakiz
Derek is the litigation supervisor and lead trial attorney for The Reeves Law Group. His focus is on catastrophic injury cases, including traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, amputation, and wrongful death. He has worked together with our clients to bring about exceptional results, including jury verdicts in the seven and eight figures.
Some of Derek’s more notable accolades include:
- The only California attorney featured in Newsweek’s “10 Best Personal Injury Attorneys” in the USA for 2014.
- Diplomate Accreditation from the American Association for Justice, a distinction currently held by only about 100 attorneys in the Country.
- Certified Specialist in Civil Trial Advocacy, a distinction currently held by only about 100 out of the nearly 250,000 attorneys in California. This certification is awarded by State Bar accredited association – The National Board of Legal Specialty Certification.
- Named “Top 100 Trial Lawyer” by The National Trial Lawyers.
As of 2015, Derek is the only attorney in America to hold the Trial Advocacy Certification, the Diplomate Accreditation, and the “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” distinction.
Derek earned his undergraduate degree at UCLA and his Doctorate in Law at Loyola Law School. Since the 1980s, Derek has practiced exclusively in the field of personal injury law, representing victims of other people’s negligence and wrongful acts. He has worked on thousands of cases and handled hundreds of mediations, arbitrations, and trials.
See Videos Below Featuring Derek
- What exactly is Personal Injury?
- Choosing the right lawyer
- 12 tip of how you can help your case
- 10 common mistakes people make after being injured
- Do I need a lawyer right away?
- What should you do when the other side’s insurance company calls?
- What is Wrongful Death?
- What are Catastrophic Injuries?
- What should you do when you get asked about your case?
- How quickly will my case be over?
- Once I hire a lawyer, what do I do next?
- Will the other side’s insurance company send an investigator to spy on me?
- How much am I going to have to pay a personal injury lawyer?
- How do I get the best medical care for my personal injuries?