Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorneys
If you or someone you love has been hurt in an accident, a Los Angeles personal injury attorney can help you heal quickly and rebuild your life after the misfortune.
The Reeves Law Group specializes in serious accident and personal injury cases and has successfully represented thousands of injured clients throughout Los Angeles and the Southern California area for over 35 years. We have recovered over $250,000,000 in verdicts and settlements for our clients.
The Reeves Law Group stands up for everyday people who often don’t have other options. If you have been a victim of a serious accident and seek representation, contact us today for a free case evaluation.
[Page updated: 05-14-2021]
Award-Winning Los Angeles Personal Injury Lawyers
The Reeves Law Group is a Los Angeles personal injury law firm that is well known and respected through a long record of success, fighting large insurance companies, well-financed corporate and individual defendants. These abilities are due to our large size, legal expertise, and financial resources. Our personal injury lawyers have been nationally recognized, are members of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates and have recovered over $250 Million dollars for our clients.
The lead Los Angeles personal injury attorney at The Reeves Law Group, Derek Pakiz, was featured as Newsweek’s Top 10 Trial Lawyers in the Country. The National Trial Lawyers Association has also recognized Derek Pakiz as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in the nation.
Read what clients have to say about Los Angeles CA Personal Injury Law Firm
I contacted other attorneys that told me I didn’t have a case, then I contacted the Reeves Law Group. They helped me in a timely manner and got me great results. I really liked their compassion.
out of 5 stars
“I was in a 4 car collision in 2013 and I researched and found The Reeves Law Group on Google. Throughout the litigation process, the firm was very attentive to my needs and I rarely had to call in because they would always CALL ME to update me on my case. This firm is a top injury attorney law firm in Los Angeles and even handled all of my Kaiser Baldwin Park bills for me. I’ve even bragged to my friends about how well they stay in touch with me. I would refer The Reeves Law Group to anyone in NEED of great service from an injury attorney.”
Rosie Mendoza via Google
“This firm was a tremendous help because my girlfriend was pregnant at the time of the accident. The fact that we didn’t have to deal with any insurance company was a huge relief and took a lot of stress off of our shoulders. We never even had to go into the office! They literally came out to my home the next day after I had called into The Reeves Law Group. I would definitely recommend this firm to anyone in Los Angeles.”
Julio Ruiz via Google
What Is A Personal Injury Lawyer?
When an accident strikes, you may be hurt and confused about the best steps to take in the wake of the accident. One of the best decisions you can make is to speak with an attorney who specializes in personal injury law. A great personal injury lawyer has the experience, resources, and a desire to help.
- When you have been hurt by someone’s careless actions, an attorney can help you win compensation from the responsible party. However, not all lawyers are equally qualified to take on your case. It is important to choose an attorney who has years of experience handling personal injury cases.
- Your personal injury attorney should also specialize in your type of case. For example, if you have been in a car accident, you should retain a Los Angeles injury lawyer who has handled matters like yours.
- It is critical that your personal injury lawyer has a record of winning. If an attorney has a long history of earning compensation for their clients, this indicates that they will know the steps to take to make sure that your case is successful. The most successful trial attorneys work with other experts to build the most compelling case for compensation. Lawyers often work closely with investigators and evidence experts who gather evidence at the scene of the accident and recreate the event that caused you to be hurt. This can be extremely useful when your attorney presents information to a jury or during settlement discussions.
- One of the most important characteristics of great personal injury attorneys is a commitment to the client’s best interests. This trait should be evident from the minute the lawyer first receives the call that you have been hurt. Your attorney should immediately set up a meeting to review your case. The accident attorneys at The Reeves Law Group will meet with you at any hour of the day and will travel to you if you are too hurt to come to one of our offices. We review your case for free and advance all the costs of your case. You don’t pay until we win you compensation. This is part of the firm’s philosophy. We practice personal injury law because we are committed to protecting the rights of accident victims.
Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- In 2013, the California Department of Public Health reported 67,534 accidental injuries that hospitalized people in Los Angeles.
- Los Angeles had over two and a half times the number of accidents as San Diego, the California city with the second-highest number of hospitalized injuries. San Diego had 25,436 accident injuries in 2013.
Accidents affect our lives in many different ways. Some have devastating immediate consequences that can impact our lives in the long run. When you are involved in an accident, like a car crash, motorcycle accident or a slip and fall, you can find yourself facing physical wounds and high psychological and financial costs for treatment like medical bills.
Common consequences of personal injuries include:
- Temporary or long-lasting bodily injury and impaired physical and mental abilities
- Expensive medical treatments
- Inability to return to your job or join the workforce in another capacity
- Feelings of anxiety, stress, or depression
- Property damage
Accident insurance should give us peace of mind when misfortune strikes. But sometimes, insurance companies will attempt to wiggle out of their responsibilities in caring for someone who was hurt in an accident. For example, a representative for the insurance company may offer to settle a personal injury claim for much less than what the injured person is owed. When this happens, a professional Los Angeles personal injury attorney will know exactly what to do. A personal injury lawyer will be able to accurately determine the compensation that you deserve based on all of the damages you have suffered and may suffer as a consequence of the accident.
If you have been hurt in an accident, don’t handle discussions with your insurance company on your own. Instead, contact an experienced personal injury attorney and let your attorney handle all communications. Not only will your Los Angeles personal injury lawyer be able to deal with insurance companies, but when necessary, can also navigate your personal injury ca through the court system.
Types of Personal Injury Cases in Los Angeles
Personal injury law covers many different incidents. The following are just some examples of cases that fall under this umbrella:
A personal injury can be caused by any situation mentioned above, where a person is injured due to someone else’s negligence. Many serious and catastrophic injuries can happen in any one of these scenarios. If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in an accident and looking for representation, contact a Los Angeles personal injury lawyer at The Reeves Law Group today.
Are You Looking for a Car Accident Lawyer?
Southern California has a car culture. Each day millions of automobiles travel the network of Los Angeles freeways and streets. Unfortunately, the high number of vehicles on the road, combined with other factors like speed and road conditions, make accidents inevitable. In 2012, the California Highway Patrol (CHP) counted 50,622 injury collisions in Los Angeles County. 585 accidents caused fatalities. If you have been injured in an auto accident, a Los Angeles car accident lawyer at The Reeves Law Group can help.
Have You Been Injured in a Motorcycle Accident?
As the cost of gas has risen, sales of fuel-efficient motorcycles have risen. The Los Angeles Times reported that bike sales were up 8.2% in the first quarter of 2015. Unfortunately, motorcycle fatalities have risen too. Today, bike deaths are twice as high as they were in 1997. Although motorcycles account for only 3% of the vehicles on the road, motorcycle fatalities make up 14% of all roadway deaths. If you have been in a motorcycle accident, make sure to speak with a Los Angeles motorcycle accident lawyer. A skilled attorney will understand the specific challenges that motorcyclists face when making a claim for compensation.
Have You Been Hurt in a Slip and Fall Accident?
Slip and fall accidents are one of the most common personal injuries that happen to people when they are out and about. The National Floor Safety Institute has reported that more than 8 million people go to the hospital each year after slipping and falling. This type of accident is the leading cause of days missed from work. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, visit our slip and fall injury page for more information.
Have You Lost a Loved One to a Wrongful Death?
Personal injury accidents can affect our lives in many ways. Sometimes the only result from an accident is a relatively small injury, like a broken bone that heals in a couple of months. But other accidents have long-term effects. The worst consequence of an accident is when someone loses his or her life. Life-ending accidents can happen in a car crash, slip and fall, because of a defective product, or in many other scenarios when someone acts negligently. When this happens, a wrongful death lawsuit can earn compensation for the surviving family members.
Are You the Victim of a Spinal Cord Injury?
Experienced personal injury lawyers know a spinal cord injury (SCI) can leave an accident victim with serious, lifelong problems. The spinal cord is the group of nerves that allows the brain to communicate with the rest of the body. Our ability to move and feel is connected to these nerves. When any part of the spinal cord is injured, a person may face the loss of strength, sensation, and mobility. Sadly, these debilitating injuries are common in many types of accidents. Visit our spinal cord and back injury page for more information.
Are You the Victim of a Brain Injury?
Brain injuries from accidents can bring life-altering repercussions. A traumatic brain injury happens any time there is a change in how the brain functions as a result of some external force or injury. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found the following statistics with regard to traumatic brain injuries (TBIs):
- Slip and Falls cause 40.5 % of TBIs
- Traffic accidents cause 14.3% of TBIs
- Other striking injuries cause 15.5% of TBIs
Hire a Los Angeles Personal Injury Lawyer
For the last 30 years, the legal team at The Reeves Law Group has been serving Los Angeles residents who have been the injury victims of accidents. Since day one, our Los Angeles personal injury attorneys have been committed to protecting our clients who have been hurt by the carelessness of others. The expertise and care that we give each case has garnered attention from local and national legal organizations.
If you have been hurt in an accident and are looking for an accident attorney in Los Angeles, contact our law offices today for a free consultation. We will review your case for free and there are no fees until we win you compensation.
Call (213) 271-9318 or email us at Contact@RobertReevesLaw.com. We make home and hospital visits!