Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney
If you or someone you love has been hurt in an accident, a personal injury attorney can help you heal quickly and rebuild your life after the misfortune. The Reeves Law Group specializes in accident and personal injury cases and has successfully represented thousands of injured clients throughout the Los Angeles area for over 30 years. The Reeves Law Group stands up for everyday people who often don’t have other options. Our attorneys have been nationally recognized, are members of the Multi Million Dollar Advocates and have recovered over $200 Million dollars for our clients.
The lead trial attorney at The Reeves Law Group, Derek Pakiz, was featured as Newsweek’s Top 10 Trial Lawyers in the Country. The National Trial Lawyers Association has also recognized Derek Pakiz as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in the nation.
The Reeves Law Group is a southern California personal injury law firm that is well known and respected through a long record of success, fighting large insurance companies, well-financed corporate and individual defendants. These abilities are due to our large size, legal expertise and financial resources. Contact us today for a free case evaluation.
Our Los Angeles office is located at 1055 West 7th Street, Suite 3333, Los Angeles, CA 90017.
- In 2013, the California Department of Public Health reported 67,534 accidental injuries that hospitalized people in Los Angeles.
- Los Angeles had over two and a half times the number of accidents as San Diego, the California city with the second highest number of hospitalized injuries. San Diego had 25,436 accident injuries in 2013.
Accidents affect our lives in many different ways. Some have devastating immediate consequences that can impact our lives in the long run. When you are involved in an accident, like a car crash, slip and fall or workplace injury, you can find yourself facing physical wounds and high psychological and financial costs.
Common consequences of personal injuries include:
- Temporary or long-lasting bodily injury and impaired physical and mental abilities
- Expensive medical treatments
- Inability to return to your job or join the workforce in another capacity
- Feelings of anxiety, stress, or depression
- Property damage
Accident insurance should give us peace of mind when misfortune strikes. But sometimes, insurance companies will attempt to wiggle out of their responsibilities in caring for someone who was hurt in an accident. For example, a representative for the insurance company may offer to settle a case for much less than what the injured person is owed. When this happens, a skilled Los Angeles personal injury attorney will know exactly what to do. A qualified personal injury lawyer will be able to accurately determine the compensation that you are owed based on all of the losses you have suffered and may suffer as a consequence of the accident. If you have been hurt in an accident, don’t handle discussions with your insurance company on your own. Instead, contact a personal injury attorney and let your lawyer handle all communications. Not only will your Los Angeles personal injury lawyer be able to deal with insurance companies, but when necessary, can also navigate your case through the court system.
Are You Looking for a Personal Injury Attorney in Los Angeles?
When an accident strikes, you may be hurt and confused about the best steps to take in the wake of the accident. One of the best decisions you can make is to speak with an attorney who specializes in personal injury law. A great personal injury lawyer has experience, resources, and a desire to help.
- When you have been hurt by someone’s careless actions, a lawyer can help you win compensation from the responsible party. However, not all lawyers are equally qualified to take on your case. It is important to choose an attorney who has years of experience handling personal injury cases.
- Your personal injury attorney should also specialize in your type of case. For example, if you have been in a car accident, you should retain a lawyer who has handled matters like yours.
- It is critical that your personal injury lawyer has a record of winning. If an attorney has a long history of earning compensation for their clients, this indicates that they will know the steps to take to make sure that your case is successful. The most successful attorneys work with other experts to build the most compelling case for compensation. Lawyers often work closely with investigators and evidence experts who gather evidence at the scene of the accident and recreate the event that caused you to be hurt. This can be extremely useful when your attorney presents information to a jury or during settlement discussions.
- One of the most important characteristics of great personal injury attorneys is a commitment to the client’s best interests. This trait should be evident from the minute the lawyer first receives the call that you have been hurt. Your attorney should immediately set up a meeting to review your case. The attorneys at The Reeves Law Group will meet with you at any hour of the day and will travel to you if you are too hurt to come to one of our offices. We review your case for free and advance all costs of your case. You don’t pay until we win you compensation. This is part of the firm’s philosophy. We practice personal injury law because we are committed to protecting the rights of accident victims.
Have You Been Hurt in a Slip and Fall Accident?
Slip and fall accidents are one of the most common personal injuries that happen to people when they are out and about. The National Floor Safety Institute has reported that more than 8 million people go to the hospital each year after slipping and falling. This type of accident is the leading cause of days missed from work.
A slip and fall accident is when someone loses their footing and falls to the ground. The cause of the accident can be a slippery substance on the floor, like water, a defect in the floor, like uneven terrain, or another factor like poor lighting, which makes it difficult for the accident victim to see where to walk.
Most slip and fall cases turn on the victim’s slip and fall attorney demonstrating that the property owner or the owner’s representatives were negligent. In legal terms, negligence refers to someone’s behavior that doesn’t line up with the expectations that the law requires of them. In California, we have an obligation to act reasonably with one another.
To prove that someone was negligent, you have to show:
- That the defendant had a duty to act reasonably
- The defendant’s actions fell short of this duty
- Because this duty was not fulfilled, the victim was hurt
- The victim’s losses placed a monetary burden on them
To show negligence, the slip and fall attorney will need to demonstrate that a property owner created the dangerous condition, or knew or should have known about the dangerous condition, and didn’t take action to fix the problem. Because the owner didn’t take care of the condition, the victim slipped and fell, sustaining injuries. A skilled slip and fall attorney will be able to review the facts of your case and determine if a property owner’s negligence was responsible for your slip and fall accident.
Sometimes the party responsible for a slip and fall is a government entity. On June 27, 2015, the Los Angeles Times reported that the city of Los Angeles was spending $1.4 billion on repairs for 2,500 miles of sidewalk that posed serious risks for pedestrians. If someone falls as a result of one of these cracks, the defendant could be the city. A slip and fall attorney will know the process for pursuing a claim again the government.
Do You Have a Loved One Who Was a Victim of a Wrongful Death?
Personal injury accidents can affect our lives in many ways. Sometimes the only result from an accident is a relatively small injury, like a broken bone that heals in a couple months. But other accidents have long-term effects. The worst consequence of an accident is when someone loses his or her life. Life-ending accidents can happen in a car crash, slip and fall, because of a defective product, or in many other scenarios when someone acts negligently. When this happens, a wrongful death lawsuit can earn compensation for the surviving family members.
When someone dies in an accident, that person’s surviving relatives can bring a wrongful death claim for the losses that they have suffered because of the death. Compensation can include economic damages like the loss of financial support because the victim passed away and can’t bring in money for the family. Non-economic damages include the loss of the person’s companionship, love, and training.
Another type of claim is called a survivorship claim. This is brought on the behalf of the deceased person for the losses suffered after the accident while the person was still alive. Damages can include expenses like transportation to the hospital, bills for medical treatment, and lost income while the person was in the hospital. If a wrongful death lawyer is successful in bringing the survivorship claim, then the award belongs to the deceased’s estate and is distributed according to the person’s will or under the state’s intestate succession laws. If you have lost a loved one in an accident, speak with a wrongful death attorney immediately. Your attorney will be able to review your case and determine the strength of your wrongful death lawsuit.
Are You the Victim of a Brain Injury?
Brain injuries from accidents can bring life-altering repercussions. If you or a loved one has suffered a traumatic brain injury, you should contact our firm’s Los Angeles brain injury attorneys without delay.
A traumatic brain injury happens any time there is a change in how the brain functions as a result of some external force or injury. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found the following statistics with regard to traumatic brain injuries (TBIs):
- Slip and Falls cause 40.5 % of TBIs
- Traffic accidents cause 14.3% of TBIs
- Other striking injuries cause 15.5% of TBIs
A traumatic brain injury can alter someone’s life in a flash. Annually, TBIs cause:
- 52,000 deaths;
- 280,000 people to be hospitalized; and
- 2.2 million emergency room visits.
If you are involved in an accident and suspect that you or a family member has suffered a traumatic brain injury, the following tips can help you deal with the difficult situation.
- Get immediate medical attention. Call 911 to the scene and have the injured person transported to the hospital. The responding team will provide emergency care and then take steps to identify and treat the issue.
- Photograph the scene of the accident. This will preserve key pieces of evidence that can uncover how the accident occurred and who is responsible.
- Speak with a brain injury lawyer. The best attorney will pursue all avenues of compensation so that the injured victim can make the fullest recovery possible.
Are You Looking for a Car Accident Lawyer in Los Angeles?
Southern California has a car culture. Each day millions of automobiles travel the network of Los Angeles freeways and streets. Unfortunately, the high number of vehicles on the road, combined with other factors like speed and road conditions, make accidents inevitable. In 2012, the California Highway Patrol (CHP) counted 50,622 injury collisions in Los Angeles County. 585 accidents caused fatalities. If you have been injured in an auto accident, contact our Los Angeles car accident attorneys today.
Have You Been Injured in a Motorcycle Accident?
As the cost of gas has risen, sales of fuel-efficient motorcycles have risen. The Los Angeles Times reported that bike sales were up 8.2% in the first quarter of 2015. Unfortunately, motorcycle fatalities have risen too. Today, bike deaths are twice as high as they were in 1997. Although motorcycles account for only 3% of the vehicles on the road, motorcycle fatalities make up 14% of all roadway deaths. If you have been in a motorcycle accident, make sure to speak with a Los Angeles motorcycle accident lawyer. A skilled attorney will understand the specific challenges that motorcyclists face when making a claim for compensation.
Have You Been in an Accident Involving a Big Rig or Semi Truck?
Large truck accidents can be some of the most devastating types of crashes. Big rigs weigh upwards of 80,000 lbs. when fully loaded and can travel at high rates of speed. The size and weight of a loaded semi-truck make it very difficult to stop quickly. If you are involved in a truck crash, speak with a Los Angeles truck accident lawyer. An experienced attorney will know the best strategy for winning compensation from the liable parties.
Are You the Victim of a Spinal Cord Injury?
Experienced personal injury lawyers know a spinal cord injury (SCI) can leave an accident victim with serious, lifelong problems. The spinal cord is the group of nerves that allows the brain to communicate with the rest of the body. Our ability to move and feel is connected to these nerves. When any part of the spinal cord is injured, a person may face the loss of strength, sensation, and mobility. Sadly, these debilitating injuries are common in many types of accidents. Contact our spinal cord injury lawyers today.
Contact the Reeves Law Group if You Have Been Injured in an Accident
For the last 25 years, The Reeves Law Group has been representing Los Angeles residents who have been the victims of accidents. Since day one, our Los Angeles injury attorneys have been committed to protecting those who have been hurt by the carelessness of others. The expertise and care that we give each case has garnered attention from local and national legal organizations. If you have been hurt in an accident, contact us today for a free consultation.