Car Defects Put Consumers at Serious Risk
The California firm of The Reeves Law Group offers its representation to individuals who have been injured by defects in vehicle systems and components. If you have sustained a serious injury as a result of a suspected auto defect, please contact us today to arrange a free consultation and case evaluation. If we accept your case, our California car defect lawyers will work diligently to recover the full amount of financial compensation you deserve.
- Airbag malfunction — If an airbag deploys unnecessarily or fails to deploy when needed, it can cause serious injury and fatality. People of short stature have particular concerns about airbag safety.
- Seat belt defects — Seat belt locking mechanisms can cause injuries and death if they fail to restrain passengers in a crash.
- Rollover — Because of their high center of gravity, SUVs, light trucks, and 15-passenger vans are at particularly high risk of rollover accidents.
- Roof crush — Roofs that are not crashworthy can cause severe injury and fatality in rollover accidents.
- Car fire — The design of a vehicle may be responsible for a car fire. Certain gas tank designs do not meet federal crash standards.
- Defective fuel tank — A defective or misplaced fuel tank can explode on impact in a collision.
- Head rests — Defective head rests can lead to whiplash and other neck and spine injuries.
- Door latch — A defective latch can allow the vehicle’s car door to open while you are driving.
- LATCH child restraint system — A defective lower anchor and tether for a child’s (LATCH) car seat restraint system can allow your child’s safety seat to become unlatched in an accident.
- Defective tires — Tire defects can cause tread separation, blowouts, or vehicle rollovers that lead to serious injury and death.
- Car seats — Seat backs can collapse forward or back in a collision.
- Fuel systems — Defective gas tanks, fuel filler necks, and other fuel system components can lead to explosions and fuel-fed fires.
- Brakes — Brake line defects, ABS failure, fluid leaks, and lock ups all put safety at risk.
- Glass — In an accident, shattered glass can cause serious lacerations and also provide an opening that allows for ejection of a vehicle occupant.
- Steering — When the steering locks up or the power steering system fails, safety is seriously compromised.
What Exactly is Personal Injury?
Car Defect Lawyers
We will fully investigate your case and seek full compensation from parties who bear culpability for your damages. We may be able to help you even if the defective part that injured you was not the subject of a product recall.
To discuss your case with an experienced California auto defect attorney, please contact The Reeves Law Group today at (800) 644-8000 for a free consultation and case evaluation.