Riverside Car Accident Lawyer
The Reeves Law Group, featured in Newsweek’s 10 Best Personal Injury Attorneys, specializes in car accident cases and has recovered over $250,000,000 in verdicts and settlements. The law firm has successfully represented thousands of car accident victims throughout Riverside County for over 35 years.
Why Hire The Reeves Law Group for Your Car Accident Case?
- $250,000,000+ Recovered for Clients
- Newsweek’s 10 Best Personal Injury Attorneys
- No Fee Guarantee – No Legal Fees Unless We Win
Riverside, California, in the metropolitan area of the Inland Empire, has a population of nearly 314,000 people and is less than 60 miles from downtown Los Angeles. Riverside’s size and proximity to California’s largest city, make it one of the state’s most highly-traveled areas.
It is not surprising that many people are involved in a car crash each year who require the services of a trusted and local riverside car accident lawyer.
A motor vehicle accident is jarring and can be one of the most traumatic and difficult times of a person’s life. Recovering from the pain and suffering caused to the medical expenses accrued all caused by serious car crashes are some of the hardships that car accident victims must endure in the aftermath.
Even small fender benders and collisions can be a huge life disruption. If your wreck was caused by another party’s negligence, you deserve to be compensated. Depending on the severity of your car accident and injuries, having a Riverside car accident lawyer on your side could make a huge difference in the amount of compensation or the settlement you receive, which includes lost wages because of your recovery.
If you have been injured in a car accident, your best bet to getting the most out of your insurance claim is to make sure you get legal representation by seeking an experienced Riverside car accident attorney to help you file a personal injury claim and handle the insurance companies to get the compensation you fully deserve. Contact the law offices of The Reeves Law Group in Riverside, CA for a free consultation.
A Review of The Reeves Law Group, A Car Accident Law Firm in Riverside, CA
I went on the internet to find The Reeves Law Group after my auto accident in Riverside. They were always there when I called and had fast service. Definitely exceeded expectations. I really liked the assistant Eliza in the office. The attorney pushed the limits and got more for me than he originally told me. Greatness.
Sergio Saens via Facebook
Review Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
Date Published: 09-09-2021
When To Contact a Local Riverside Car Accident Attorney
If you were injured in a car crash by someone who was operating any kind of motor vehicle (including a car, truck, tractor, motorcycle, ATV, boat, etc.) while under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or if a loved one is killed in such an accident, you need to contact a local Riverside car accident attorney that specializes in auto accident cases as soon as you possibly can.
Do not dismiss the need for you or a passenger to receive medical attention when needed. Tend to all injuries first even if it means a visit to the hospital before assessing and gathering details and evidence of the accident and other insurance information. However, to best maximize and increase your chances of getting the most out of your insurance claim, it is advisable to seek consultation from an experienced Riverside car accident lawyer to help you with your claim. Call (951) 324-5174 for a free consultation.
Our law firm operates on a contingency fee basis, which means you won’t pay until we win your case.
Are My Car Accident Injuries Someone Else’s Fault?
Personal injury law is a branch of civil law known as “tort law.” In tort law, if someone causes your injury, then they are legally liable.
- Negligence: Negligence is a word that has a common, everyday meaning as well as a special legal definition. Normally, negligence just means carelessness. The legal definition is different. Negligence means a violation of a duty to take reasonable care. In the United States, everyone has a duty of reasonable care towards other people. That duty varies based on the situation and the parties. For example, a doctor owes a higher duty to a patient on his operating table than to another doctor’s patient in the waiting room. However, the doctor does owe that waiting patient a duty of reasonable care. If the doctor negligently set the hospital on fire, that would be considered a violation of the doctor’s duty of reasonable care to everyone in that hospital. But he must take special precautions to keep his patient safe.
- Intentional torts: It makes sense that if someone can be liable for accidentally injuring you, then they can be liable if they injure you on purpose. If someone assaults you, purposefully damages your property, or kills a loved one on purpose, then you have a claim against them for compensation. Contact a Riverside personal injury lawyer if this happens to you or a loved one.
- Strict liability: In California, a car accident can be someone else’s fault, no matter how careful they were in trying to prevent that accident. And if injuries happen, someone is strictly liable. For example, if a dog bites someone, then the owner is strictly liable, even if the dog was properly restrained.
In order to prove that you are owed compensation, you have to prove the following four elements:
- The defendant had a duty of reasonable care.
- The defendant breached that duty of reasonable care.
- That breach caused you an injury; and,
- Your injury caused you some kind of loss, otherwise known as “damages.”
In California, you can receive compensation even if you are partially at fault. If someone else is partially at fault, then you can get partial compensation. There are a lot of nuances to accident cases, which is why it is vital to have an experienced and skilled car accident lawyer in Riverside on your side if you were involved in an accident and suffered a serious injury.
Car Accidents in Riverside, California
Southern California cities with heavy commuter and truck traffic including Corona and Riverside are unfortunately also known for congested roads and freeways. Packed roads including the 91, 15, 215, and 10 freeways don’t just mean more wasted time, they also mean more car accidents.
The last few years have seen hundreds of fatalities on roadways with typically higher traffic congestion around the nearby airport and downtown areas of Riverside such as streets near Arlington and Jurupa Avenue. For reference, below are some California statewide car accident statistics from 2017, the latest this data was published.
CALIFORNIA MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT STATISTICS
- Total Auto Accident Fatalities: 3,582
- Total Auto Accident Injuries: 193,564
- Alcohol or Drug-Related Accident Fatalities: 1,167
- Alcohol or Drug-Related Accident Injuries: 18,56
- Speeding-Related Collision Fatalities: 559
- Speeding-Related Collision Injuries: 61,93
- Improper Turning-Related Collision Fatalities: 664
- Improper Turning-Related Collision Injuries: 28,221
The number of people who were hurt in auto accidents in 2017 was nearly half of the population in Riverside, CA. As you can see from these statistics, driver negligence due to distracted driving caused a significant number of car accidents that resulted in severe injuries and fatalities. Some of those killed or injured were the ones being careless and/or distracted.
However, many, if not most, were innocent victims of someone else’s careless or reckless behavior, such as from motor vehicle accidents caused by speeding or not observing the right of way at an intersection. In those cases, the victims need a local car accident law firm to fight for their right to compensation from these traffic accidents.
In some cases, the victims were children. In Riverside County alone, 3 children under 5 years old were killed and 224 children under 5 years old were injured in a car accident in 2017.
Here are some Riverside County car accident statistics:
- Total Auto Collision Fatalities: 283
- Total Auto Collision Injuries: 10,511
- Alcohol or Drug-Related Collision Fatalities: 108
- Alcohol or Drug-Related Collision Injuries: 1,139
- Pedestrian-Related Fatalities: 73
- Pedestrian-Related Injuries: 471
- Total Collision Fatalities in the city of Riverside: 27
- Total Collision Injuries in the city of Riverside: 2,205
Common outcomes of car collisions we see here in Southern California and Riverside include back and spinal cord injury (including whiplash when a larger car or truck impacts a smaller vehicle), traumatic brain injury, bicycle accidents, and pedestrian incidents, wrongful death, and property damage.
The Riverside car accident attorneys of The Reeves Law Group have successfully represented many accident victims as well as with wrongful death cases arising from car accidents and motor vehicle collisions, as well as slip and fall, premises and product liability accidents included work accidents (if you were hurt on the job, did you know that you can also file an injury claim which may provide you better compensation than workers’ comp?)
RIVERSIDE ACCOUNTED FOR 7% OF DEATHS IN CALIFORNIA FROM CAR ACCIDENTS IN 2011
Riverside accounted for 7% of all California car accident deaths in 2011. It also accounted for 4.6% of all car accident injuries including traumatic brain injuries and spinal cord injuries. Sadly, nearly 14% of the state’s fatal alcohol- and drug-related car accidents and about 7% of all drunk- or impaired-driving-related injuries happened here in Riverside. Driving a car while drunk or high is the epitome of reckless behavior and causes untold amounts of incidents including property damage and wrongful death.
COMMON CAUSES OF CAR ACCIDENTS IN RIVERSIDE
Apart from driver negligence due to distracted driving being the most common cause of a car collision on the road, weather and road conditions, and defective vehicles can also impact driving which contributes to other motor accidents.
All types of car accidents can occur at any time whether it was caused by another driver, severe road conditions, or an auto manufacturing defect. From collisions to tire blowouts and other potential car accidents, it is imperative that attorneys are provided with as much detail and evidence from their potential clients involved in a serious vehicle accident in order to successfully build their car accident case.
Something as important as observing the right of way at an intersection or a driver failing to use their turn signal when changing lanes can be vital information attorneys need to know to determine the best course of action for your case.
COMPENSATION IN CAR ACCIDENT CASES IN RIVERSIDE, CA
If you were in a car, truck, or motorcycle accident that was entirely or partially someone else’s fault, then you may have a personal injury lawsuit that a lawyer can help you with. In order to be compensated, you have to show that the defendant caused your injuries by breaching his or her duty of “reasonable care.”
In some cases, this is quite easy (especially with pedestrian and motorcycle incidents where the injured party is clearly more vulnerable), however, in some car and truck accidents, it’s not always straightforward especially if there were no witnesses. An experienced injury law firm will be able to provide you significant insight on this during your consultation.
Seeking out your local Riverside car accident attorney is your best option to come out on top of these auto accidents and get the compensation you are due. A professional car accident lawyer will help you with filing an insurance claim appropriately that entitles you to recover damages such as pain and suffering caused by the accident, medical expenses accrued, and lost wages.
ACCIDENT AND INJURY CAUSED BY A BREACH OF REASONABLE CARE
In the parlance of personal injury law, someone breaches their “duty of reasonable care” when they do something, or fail to act, resulting in an injury to someone (the victim), and the harm done they caused was foreseeable. If you look at the above statistics, you can see that “improper turning” for example, caused quite a few deaths and injuries. Failing to properly turn seems simple, but it is a breach of a driver’s duty of reasonable care to other people on or near the road.
A brief refresher: a defendant is someone who is defending against a claim in court (the liable party including the driver of the car who caused the accident). Other key participants in civil cases include the plaintiff (the victim) and of course the judge, among other people. The law offices of the lawyer representing you are your “counsel.”
SPEAK TO A CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER BEFORE ACCEPTING ANY OFFERS
Most drivers are insured because the law demands that drivers have insurance. When you are due compensation, it is usually the insurance company that will end up paying you. The insurers usually want to settle their claim with you as quickly as possible. They will certainly want to pay you as little money as possible. Do not accept any offers from an insurance company without having a lawyer on your side as well (remember that you’re dealing with an in-house lawyer on their end).
WHY DO MOST CASES NEVER GO TO TRIAL?
Many car accident cases never go to trial. The reason is that most cases settle privately between the parties. Insurance companies are specially trained in these types of negotiations, and they have attorneys representing them. Property damage (repairing or replacing your car for example) is usually handled fairly, but don’t be mistaken- if you’re hurt, they will absolutely try to downplay the problems you may have including serious injuries such as spinal cord or brain traumas, as those could potentially cost the insurer significant amounts of money (much more than simply replacing your car that was declared a total loss).
The bottom line is that you deserve the same level of skill and representation on your side during these negotiations as well! Personal injury attorneys specialize in these cases, and you should seek out a larger firm that specializes in car accident losses and has a proven track record in recovering for their clients to review your case.
Start by giving us a call and tell us all about your accident. The Reeves Law Group offers free consultations to help you determine if you have a case.
WHY CHOOSE THE REEVES LAW GROUP – RIVERSIDE CAR ACCIDENT LAWYERS
Our Winning Record:
- With the exceptional client service, we provide throughout the Inland Empire and Southern California, our law firm has won hundreds of cases in the Multimillion to $100,000 range.
- These results do not guarantee the outcome of your case, but they show our ability to produce them in a variety of accident and injury cases. Every year we win numerous significant results and many millions of dollars for our clients.
Our Financial Resources:
- Personal injury cases can require large sums of money. As an example, a brain injury case can cost a firm more than $100,000 to prosecute.
- In one case alone we invested $250,000. Few lawyers have these resources. Lawyers who don’t have adequate finances may be pressed to settle cases too early, or for less than they are worth.
If you have been injured or a loved one has been killed in an auto accident, contact the experienced Riverside car accident lawyers at The Reeves Law Group for a free consultation regarding your car accident claim. You deserve maximum compensation for your loss.