Oceanside Personal Injury Attorneys
The Reeves Law Group is proud to offer clients our nearly three decades of litigation experience in all types of serious injury, accidents, product liability, and wrongful death cases. Our Oceanside personal injury attorneys are committed to representing your interests and advocating for your rights if you have been injured by the negligence of others.
Our lawyers have handled all types of injury and accident matters throughout the North County area, including but not limited to those involving:
Personal injury claims involve injuries that are caused by another’s careless, reckless, or intentional acts. Those who are hurt by the misconduct of others in a personal injury lawsuit can often receive compensation to recover medical expenses, lost wages, lost future earnings, property damages, emotional distress, pain and suffering, and other damages.
For a person injured in a vehicular accident caused by someone else’s negligent behavior or careless actions, legal options may be available to obtain financial compensation. While this compensation cannot make up for the physical and emotional suffering connected to an accident, it can hold the responsible party accountable for his or her behavior, as well as help relieve financial stress related to an injury.
Product liability is the area of law that focuses on dangerous and defective products. Our Oceanside personal injury lawyers represent injured victims throughout the San Diego area in actions against manufacturers, distributors, suppliers, and retailers to obtain compensation for defective or dangerous consumer products or merchandise.
Many accidents that cause a death are entirely preventable. If the mistakes or misconduct of others leads to a death in your family, then you may have grounds for a wrongful death lawsuit. Wrongful death cases can be brought by a family member or loved one in cases of car accidents, medical malpractice, nursing home neglect, product liability, workplace deaths, or other catastrophic accident situations.
Helping Oceanside Families with Personal Injury Litigation
The Reeves Law Group helps plaintiffs in all areas of litigation and personal injury law. We have developed a short checklist for you and your family members to keep in mind if you happen to find yourself in an accident situation.
What to do After an Accident:
Accident “To Do” List
- Stay calm.
- Check for injuries.
- Promptly seek medical help for anyone who is injured. Lawsuits depend on proof and it is important that there be documentation (1) that you were injured and (2) that you sought medical treatment for those injuries.
- Do not move anyone who is injured unless they are in imminent danger of further injury by being left as they are situated.
- Call the police and file an accident report. ONLY discuss the accident with the police.
- Exchange information with all drivers, passengers, others involved in the accident, as well as any witnesses. As appropriate, obtain insurance information, license plate numbers, phone numbers and addresses.
- Take photos of the scene (using cell phone or camera), including vehicle damage, vehicle positions on the street, close up views as well as distance views of the accident scene and setting including all of the surroundings.
- Inform YOUR insurance company of the accident as soon as possible.
Accident “DON’T Do” List
- Do NOT speak without thinking at the accident scene. Statements you make at the accident scene can be taken as an admission of fault or wrongdoing, even if you do not intend for them to be. It is very important that you measure your words because statements such as “I’m sorry!” or “I didn’t see you” or “You came out of nowhere” can be taken as indications that you are guilty of something, even if you are saying them to be polite or out of worry.
- Do NOT give a recorded statement to any insurance representatives.
- Do NOT sign any form from an insurance company without consulting an accident attorney first.
Experienced Personal Injury Lawyers with Offices in Oceanside and Across San Diego County
The Reeves Law Group has served accident and personal injury victims in Oceanside and across San Diego County for over twenty-five years. Our Oceanside Personal Injury Attorneys are dedicated to serving our clients’ needs, protecting their interests, and providing professional, proven, and skilled legal representation.
A Review of The Reeves Law Group, Oceanside Personal Injury Lawyers
If you or someone you know has been seriously injured in Oceanside due to the negligence of another, take the first steps toward a complete recovery and contact The Reeves Law Group today.