Select Your Personal Injury Lawyer Carefully
Finding the right personal injury lawyer is difficult. Many accident lawyers advertise for personal injury clients and nearly all charge the same fees. However, few have the proven record and finances necessary to obtain top results consistently. We have a large law firm with a long record of successes. We also have the funds to succeed against insurance companies and other well-financed entities. Prosecuting a significant personal injury case often requires tens of thousands of dollars to hire experts and pay for litigation and trial costs. A single catastrophic injury case, such as a brain injury, may require in excess of $100,000 to prosecute through trial. Few lawyers have these resources. Our law firm has extensive financial means to prosecute cases without cutting corners. Lawyers who do not have the same resources may be pressed to settle cases too early or for less than they are worth. When we make a commitment to represent a client we also commit to investing the financial resources that are necessary to optimize results.
Personal injury cases are best handled by lawyers with specialized expertise in the personal injury legal field. Unlike other law firms, we do not represent clients outside our specialty. We handle accident and injury cases only. By concentrating in one area, we have developed a high level of expertise and capability in our field. We are convinced that this leads to better service, better representation and better results for our clients.
- Automobile Accidents. California’s freeways are the busiest in the entire country. In 2011, Californians logged 85 billion miles. The high number of vehicles on these routes leads to many dangerous accidents each year. In 2011 alone, 2,791 people lost their lives in vehicle crashes.
- Workplace Injuries. More than 1 million workers each year suffer injuries that cause them to miss at least a day of work. California’s workers are some of the most at risk for injury as employers push to keep pace with the demand for goods and services. Some of the most dangerous professions include: construction, transportation, motor vehicle manufacturing, and poultry and egg production.
- Vacation Disasters. Though people look forward to vacations as an opportunity to get away and recharge, few realize that these times often lead to injuries as people take on new activities in unfamiliar places. 1 in 5 people suffer an injury while on vacation. High-risk activities like mountain biking and jet skiing increase the chance of an injury by 50%. Common vacation accidents include: hotel and resort slip and falls, all-terrain vehicle accidents, foodborne illnesses, and watercraft incidents.
After an Accident
The time immediately following an accident can be the most critical period for limiting the resulting harm. Unfortunately, victims can be disoriented and unsure of how to handle the situation. The following tips will help protect the wellbeing of you and your loved ones and place you in the best position to recover from the accident.
- Assess the Situation. Survey the accident site and try to understand the extent of the damage. Make sure everyone is safe. If necessary, move to a secure location. If there’s a need for emergency medical help, call 911. If a vehicle is involved, call police to the scene.
- Gather Evidence. Photograph the accident. This includes injuries and any damaged property. Take close-up and far away shots from different angles. Record the names and contact information for all parties and witnesses. Try to piece together the details of the accident and what could have caused it. Document any facts that you think are relevant, for example, time of day, date, weather conditions, and traffic.
- Get Medical Help. If necessary, have an ambulance take you or your loved ones to a hospital. If you don’t need emergency care, schedule an appointment to see a doctor, even if your injuries seem minor. Request a thorough evaluation, including head, neck and spine. Follow all of the doctor’s orders regarding treatment for your injuries.
- Contact an Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer. Under no circumstances should you speak with representatives of an insurance company. Their job is to limit the insurance company’s liability and may record your conversation to use against you at a later time. Instead, contact a reputable personal injury attorney. An experienced attorney will have the knowledge and resources to manage your case through all phases, including investigation, settlement discussions, and litigation, with the goal of maximizing the compensation owed to you.
What Personal Injury Lawyers Do
After an accident, the person or party at fault may not want to accept complete or even partial responsibility for their actions. Additionally, insurance companies will attempt to limit the amount of money that they have to pay out. An experienced and passionate personal injury lawyer will represent the victim in all dealings with these parties, with the end goal of seeing justice done for the client.
What Can Be Recovered
An experienced lawyer understands all of the ways that an accident can disrupt a victim’s life and will pursue compensation for the monetary, physical, and emotional damage.
- Medical Expenses. Costs for medical care may include emergency transport, emergency room and hospital stays, doctor’s visits, diagnostic tests, physical therapy, surgery and medical supplies.
- Pain and Suffering. The emotional trauma of living through an accident can be devastating, especially if you have sustained permanent injuries or have lost a loved one.
- Lost Wages and Reduced Earning Capacity. An accident can impact your ability to continue to work or return to your chosen profession. It is important to assess the impact that the accident had on your ability to earn wages in the past and whether you will be able to continue with your occupation in the future.
- Punitive Damages. If your accident happened as a result of someone’s reckless behavior, punitive damages may be awarded to punish the wrongdoer and deter similar actions in the future.
Finding an Effective Personal Injury Law Firm
The finest personal injury law firms possess the skill set and principles to vigorously represent their clients. They feel an obligation to always provide the best possible advice and advocacy so that injured victims can fully heal. The law firms best suited to see justice done for their clients can be identified by the following traits:
- Excellent law firms will have built a track record of success in large and small cases, and will have a cohesive team of well-trained lawyers deeply committed to providing the highest quality legal services to every client.
- Leading firms utilize state-of-the-art technology such as legal databases, cutting-edge software, and advanced equipment that allow for persuasive presentations at the pre-trial and trial stages.
- Established law firms have large resources to draw from so that cases can be taken on a contingency basis. The firm will advance all expenses for the case and the client only pays once the firm wins.
We win many millions of dollars for our clients every year.
We have won thousands of top case results for our clients. Hundreds of these results have been in the $100,000.00 to Multi-Million dollar range. We win many millions of dollars for our clients, year after year. Our substantial experience and resources allow us to obtain these top results for our clients. Our law firm has been in existence for over 25 years and has represented thousands of satisfied clients. A large number of our referrals come from our own clients. This is testament to the results we obtain. Exceptional experience, expertise, and ample financial resources are key to winning our clients’ cases.
Size and experience counts.
We have a large team of highly capable lawyers and support staff professionals. Our firm staffs many of our cases with multiple lawyers. The combined experience of our legal team spans many more decades. We have prosecuted a large volume of cases for clients who have been the victims of negligence and corporate wrongdoing. Our preeminent team of lead lawyers have litigated to successful conclusion thousands of personal injury claims. Our lawyers are backed by a large, well-trained and skilled support staff of paralegals, legal assistants, administrators and investigators. We also have at our disposal a large group of superb and trial-tested experts with whom we work to enhance the prosecution of our clients’ cases. We believe this results in better representation and greater results.
10 REASONS To Choose The Reeves Law Group
Our Winning Record
Our case results on the right of this page are only a few in the $100,000.00 to Multi-Million dollar range. We have actually won hundreds of cases in that range.
These results do not guarantee the outcome of your case, but they show our ability to produce them in a variety of cases. Every year we win numerous significant results and many millions of dollars for our clients.
Our Financial Resources
Personal injury cases can require large sums of money. As an example, a brain injury case can cost in excess of $100,000.00 to prosecute.
In one case alone we invested $250,000.00. Few lawyers have these resources. Lawyers who don’t have adequate finances may be pressed to settle cases too early, or for less than they are worth.
Because of our firm’s size we can assign multiple lawyers to cases. These lawyers are also backed by a large support staff of legal assistants, administrators, investigators, and retained experts.
We believe that having trained personnel in sufficient numbers results in better representation and greater outcomes.
Our Concentration On Personal Injury Cases
Personal injury cases are best handled by lawyers with specialized expertise in the personal injury legal field. Unlike other law firms, we handle accident and personal injury cases only. By concentrating in one area, we have developed a high level of expertise and capability in our field. This has lead to better service and better results for our clients.
Our Technology and State-of-the-Art Infrastructure
We use top technologies and tools to maximize the efficiency of our work. We have direct access to the top legal databases, specialized software and online resources to perform sophisticated yet quick investigations and technical research. We also use state-of-the-art equipment to conduct highly effective presentations at mediations, arbitrations and trials. All of our cases are also computerized in order to expedite our litigation and case handling functions.
Our Commitment to Our Clients
Our commitment to our clients is complete. We are passionate about rectifying the wrongdoings that cause our clients’ injuries. Our firm’s operations are designed with various levels of quality controls to ensure that our legal representation is superior and that our clients’ needs and concerns are addressed in a prompt and satisfactory manner. We believe in zealous and aggressive work on behalf of our clients. We are also committed to a positive relationship with our clients and rendering caring and compassionate services.
Our Lawyers and Our Experience
Our firm has been fighting for the rights of injured victims for over two decades. The combined experience of our legal team spans many more decades. Our lawyers have litigated to successful conclusion thousands of personal injury claims.
As lawyers, we hold ourselves to the top standards of quality and service and are recognized in the community of lawyers, claims representatives and judges for our professionalism and competence. Our lawyers are backed by a large, well-trained and skilled support staff. We also have at our disposal a large group of superb and trial-tested experts with whom we work to enhance the prosecution of our clients’ cases.
Our Caring and Compassion
Our gratification derives from providing services that make a difference in the lives of individuals. Throughout the representation of thousands of clients we have seen up-close the adverse impact that serious injuries bring to individuals’ lives and their families. We achieve satisfaction when we produce results that lead to improvements in their lives. Our large staff of legal professionals works actively on helping our clients with their difficulties. We have maintained relationships with some of our clients even after we have resolved their claims, for years in some cases.
Our Home and Hospital Consultations
We understand the difficulties that many of our clients face due to their injuries. Many cannot travel to our offices due to their serious conditions. When you call us for legal representation, we will offer to visit you personally at your convenience. We will travel to your home, hospital or any other appropriate location to meet with you and commence your representation immediately. We will ensure that your case will not be affected by any delays in representation. For our clients’ convenience, we also have multiple meeting locations for conferences, depositions, mediations, and other meetings. We will also endeavor to arrange for transportation, if ever needed, to any of our meeting locations, or to our hub office in Santa Ana, California.
Our “No Fee Unless We Win” Policy
We provide our legal services on a contingency basis. This means that we will not charge a fee or seek reimbursement for costs advanced unless your case is won. We also provide our clients with a written explanation of the settlement or verdict amounts recovered and their distribution for the clients’ approval prior to their cases being closed.
Over nearly three decades, The Reeves Law Group has maintained a near perfect record for its clients – a 98.7% rate of recovery. The firm’s professionals have earned a reputation as some of the most experienced, sophisticated, and passionate personal injury attorneys in California. Being selected as among the “10 Best Personal Injury Attorneys” by Newsweek, and “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” by The National Trial Lawyers, is testament to the results we obtain. Exceptional experience, expertise, and ample financial resources are key to winning our clients’ cases.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, contact The Reeves Law Group for a free consultation at (800) 644-8000 or visit us at our Orange County office or our downtown Los Angeles office. We can also meet with you at or at one of our other locations, by appointment.
For an immediate consultation, call us at (800) 644-8000, or click to email us.
For a list of our practice areas, please click here.
To learn more about personal injury law, please visit our personal injury information center.