Disclaimer: The material on this website is copyrighted by
The Reeves Law Group. This material is for general informational
purposes only. It is not intended to express or constitute legal
or medical advice and may not apply to the facts of your situation.
The laws referenced in this website are substantially based on
general legal principles. Laws are often different in different
Food Poisoning Outbreak Reported at World’s Best Restaurant
This is the sort of information that will not typically make it to a review of a restaurant’s fine dining experience. A five-star restaurant in Copenhagen in Denmark has found itself at the center of a food poisoning outbreak, after customers reported that they suffered from norovirus poisoning after dining at the restaurant.
This restaurant, Noma is believed to be one of the best restaurants in the world, and also one of the more expensive in that country. However, 63 people recently reported that they had gotten sick after they had eaten at the restaurant. These patrons were part of 12 dinner parties over a four-day period at the restaurant, and all reported the same kind of symptoms. The symptoms include diarrhea and vomiting.
According to the Danish Health agency, even staff members at the restaurant experienced symptoms of food poisoning. What’s more, customers reported that the fine service of the restaurant did not seem to extend to when patrons contacted the management to complain about being sickened from eating in the restaurant. According to the customers, when they informed the management about their infection, they did not receive any reply to their e-mails.
However, the restaurant management says that it is currently trying to detect the source of the infection and contamination. It seems possible that the infection was brought into the restaurant by a sick employee. Inspections of the restaurant also seem to confirm to food poisoning lawyers that hand hygiene practices among staff members were sorely lacking. In one kitchen sink, there was no running water.
This is a warning to customers that their favorite upscale restaurant could have food poisoning hazards lurking at every corner.
The Reeves Law Group
43141 Business Center Pkwy, Suite 200A
Lancaster, CA 93535